Show Off Your Baking Skills!
Come showcase your baking skills at Atlanta's festival celebrating fall's best food: pie! A jury of local celebrities will judge the pie bake-off entries in sweet and savory categories. Both amateur/home bakers and professional teams of pastry chefs are invited to enter their best pie recipe.
Festival attendees will be invited to taste your pies and cast their vote for Fan Favorite.
The Porches & Pies Festival will take place on Saturday, September 24, from 12 - 5 PM. The judging will start at 12 PM and winners will be announced at 3 PM.
- Pies will be judged in two categories: sweet and savory.
- Teams and individuals invited to enter.
- You can compete in one or both categories, and there is no limit to the number of pie recipes you can enter.
- Hobby bakers and professional teams will be judged separately.
- The event will be held rain or shine.
- 10x10 tents are encouraged! We provide a table, tasting cups, napkins and forks.
- Decorating your table is highly encouraged! Have fun with it!
- Set-up begins at 10:30 AM
- What counts as a pie? Anything with a crust! We've seen it all--raw vegan pies, pizza pies, tarts, quiches, hand pies, slab pies and more! Enter your best sweet or savory recipe. You got this!
Meet the Judges
- Winners will be announced at the festival once judges have evaluated each entry, slated for 3:30 p.m. at the festival.
- Winners and runners-up will be included in a press release following the event.
- Professional bakers will be considered for inclusion in mini pie pre-sales at future festivals (benefits: paid bulk order, more promotional opportunities!)
- Winning teams will continue to be promoted by Adair Park Today, driving business for the holiday catering season.
- Winners will be included in a special guide to Atlanta bakeries and restaurants offering holiday catering in time for the busy holiday season.
Atlanta area restaurants, pastry chefs, and bakeries are encouraged to participate and we will help promote your business in any way we can! All Atlanta-area bakeries, Atlanta restaurants, and local pastry chefs will be promoted on the website and we will share social media posts about your participation in the festival. The festival (and Atlanta's amazing food culture!) wouldn't be the same without you. The earlier you sign up, the sooner we can start promoting your business.